Eugene (Gene) Jones, CEO, Southern Waste Information eXchange, Inc. (SWIX)
Gene Jones serves as CEO of Southern Waste Information Exchange (SWIX), a non-profit organization which has been operating since 1981 assisting businesses and municipalities with their waste management issues.
In addition, Gene is a serial entrepreneur and brings over 35 years of experience with waste management and recycling in senior executive level positions. Over the past 35 years, he has successfully founded, built and sold several businesses including Environmental Management & Consulting Services, Inc., Advanced Derived Fuels, LLC, Hazardous Substance and Waste Management Research, Inc., Environmental Industry Conference Management, LLC, FieldClean of Florida, LLC and his latest venture Lawncare Equipment Sales and Services, LLC.
Gene is based in Florida and specializes in building strategic relationships with waste recycling firms and brings a vast network of associations in the recycling sector from his work in organizing conferences such as;
• the Agricultural Plastics Recycling Conference & Trade Show,
• the Waste Conversion Technology Conference & Trade Show,
• the Southeast Recycling Conference & Trade Show,
• the New Life for Closed Gas Stations Conference and Exhibition,
• the International Symposium on the Redevelopment of Manufactured Gas Plant Sites,
• the National Conference on Waste Exchange and Resource Reuse, and
• Florida Medical Cannabis Conference & Exhibition.
• Florida BioFuels & BioEnergy Association, Inc.,
• Recycle Florida Today, Inc.,
• International Society of Technical & Environmental Professionals, Inc.,
• Florida Brownfields Association, Inc., and
• Keep Florida Beautiful, Inc.
Gene is a Martial Arts practitioner and has his 7th degree black belt in Shaolin GoJu and a 5th degree black belt in Nisei GoJu. Gene is also the Author of Instant Self-Esteem: Empowering Self-Confidence.
Gene is also the inventor of the Soap Bag Saver, which he designed for the reuse of leftover soap bars.